We are an agricultural technology company with ag experts, world-class scientists, and growers all on staff. We’re headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, where it’s only a few steps from the farm gate to our office doors. Agrible’s mission is to analyze and provide agronomic information using science and technology to transform results into globally useful knowledge. We give all agricultural communities the insights, services, and connections to make their decisions easy and sustainable and their operations seamless. Connecting parts of this larger agricultural community to each other through our platform is important to us and is something we do. Join us in our evolution of agriculture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, calibrate, validate and optimize leading-edge agronomic models and digital predictive analytic agricultural tools that deliver field-specific data and forecasts for decision-making in the field.
- Improve the reliability of crop models by incorporating data on phenomics, genomics, and crop development phases using statistical learning methodologies.
- Enhance crop model parameters by empirically integrating nutrient uptake and hydrological process models, such as tillage, irrigation effect, surface runoff, infiltration effect and soil heat flux.
- Develop algorithm of nutrient transportation models such as leaching, diffusion and crop uptake process for nitrogen and phosphorus cycling and micro nutrient, and improve nutrient model reliability by implementing effects, such as manure and synthetic fertilizer and nitrogen fixation.
- Maximize the predictability of agronomic models with novel prototype algorithms to simulate crop growth and development using precise, robust, well-documented and tested research and library code.
- Build and optimize customer-facing applications and the core platform to create, improve, and scale agricultural models.
- Coordinate and liaise with interdisciplinary scientists to ensure various agronomic constraints that impact engineering, product, and science are addressed through the application of solid agricultural and hydrological knowledge.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural and/or Biological Engineering
- 12 months’ experience in Agricultural Engineering and Programing in Matlab, R, GMT, ArcGIS and Python
- Knowledge of statistical learning methodologies
- Proficiency with crop growth model platforms such as Cropsyst and DSSAT and with hydrological models such as SWAT and VIC
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/AA Agrible, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V